This information will be replaced with more detailed, 1st hand reviews, but for now, here is some basic information:
Hotels and lodges
- Kubu Lodge, Kasane-Kazungula Rd (9 km E of Kasane), ☎ +267 625 0312 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Riverside location, nicely decorated rooms, beautiful grounds. single USD 130; double USD 170; triple USD 198. This is a great lodge I have stayed in several times. It is composed of 12 chalets (each 2 or 3 bed), a separate registration/gift shop building and a separate dining room. There is also camping space and a pool. It is located on the banks of the Chobe River. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Liya Guest Lodge, 1198 Tholo Cres, ☎ +267 625 1450, +267 7175 6903 (mobile) (email@example.com, fax: +267 625 2376). No web link to my knowledge. Five simple rooms, each with two twin beds. I have only read a few reviews, but they are not very positive. I have not stayed or visited this lodge. Meals available on request. single USD 40; double USD 60.
- Toro Safari Lodge, (A few km E of Kasane on the Francistown Road), ☎ +267 625 2694, +267 7458 4254 (mobile) (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +267 625 2695). Camping, basic chalets, and deluxe chalets (with a/c) all set on the banks of the Chobe. Game drives and river cruises offered.
- The Garden Lodge, President Ave, ☎ +267 625 0051, . charming, rooms are well-furnished, has a garden. They offer either a dinner, bed, and breakfast option, or an all-inclusive option with some activities. Dinner bed & breakfast: single USD 305/person; double USD 210/person; ask about SADC discount. High ratings on TripAdvisor.
- Water Lily Lodge. Charming design, with the rooms in a ring around a courtyard with fountain. Rooms have balconies that overlook the pool or the Chobe river. Clean, with friendly staff. P550/twin double. A smaller 10 room lodge with reasonable prices and nice reviews on TripAdvisor. Limited web site and I have not personally checked this place out yet.
- Mowana Safari Lodge. Built in concentric rings around a spectacular Mowana (baobab) tree, this is larger and the top end of the hotels in town. This is part of the Cresta chain of lodges. High end cost, but very nice. Boats leave from their Chobe River dock for tours of Chobe from the water or for tiger fishing. The Mowana also has a golf course. HERE is a You Tube link with an overview (bad music warning).
- Chobe safari Lodge, The lodge offers camping, rondavals, and more ‘hotel like’ rooms. Rates are reasonable and you can’t get much closer to Chobe NP. The only hesitation is that it is large, with lots of visitors, so you lose some of the true ‘into Africa’ experience. One of the top rated TripAdvisor sites with the MOST REVIEWS. This lodge is also part of a small chain that includes the newly rebuilt Nata Lodge, a good place to stay on the drive up from South Africa.
- Chobe Chilwero, ☎ +267 6251362 (email@example.com, fax: +267 6251473). One of Botswana’s most luxurious safari lodges, this Abercrombie & Kent-affiliated property overlooks the Chobe River and is just a few minutes from the main gates of Chobe National Park. An exquisite location, recently remodeled with fine materials, and a price to match this is the highest end of a stay in Kasane. USD 900/person (double), USD 1170/person (single). Chilwero means ‘place of high view’ in Setswana, and indeed this exclusive lodge boasts panoramic views across the Chobe River. Accommodation is in one of 15 elegant bungalows that feature romantic indoor and outdoor showers, private terraced gardens and colonial fixtures adorned with plush linens. The lodge is on expansive grounds that contain a pool, a spa, and outdoor bar and a well-reviewed gourmet restaurant. All meals, games drives on land and by water, park fees & airport transfers included in rates
- Chobe Marina Lodge. The web link shows beautiful chalets and rooms, but I found Mediocre reviews on TripAdvisor, so beware. HERE is an overview on YouTube link (bad music warning).
- Chobe Game Lodge – The Chobe Game Lodge is located about 4 km along a sand trail within the Chobe National Park. The location is a bit isolated, but the reviews on TripAdvisor are very good. I have not stayed there, but worth investigation!
- Elephant Valley Lodge – Elephant Valley Lodge is also outside of town and in the bush, this time, in the Kasane Forest Reserve adjacent to Chobe. As such, game sitings occur right at the lodge. Matter of fact, there is a water hole at the site that regularly attracts major game (the lodge is surrounded by a protecting fence). This is a tent lodge with 2 to 4 person tents. I found some complaints about the remoteness causing longer drives to get into main Chobe reserve and some also felt the shower areas were a little to dark. Countering this, many liked the real “safari feel” the location allowed. Rates are a little higher than the average in town location, but less than traditional luxury camps. So if you like the more rustic, out there thing. Maybe it is for you. TripAdvisor reviews were numerous, lengthy and mixed, so you may want to spend time reading up.
- Muchenje Safari Lodge – This lodge is way upstream on the Chobe River from Kasane – about a one hour drive. The lodge is on an escarpment overlooking the river. It has 11 twin bed chalets, each with a porch view of the river. Unlike most locations, the lodge has internet access! One unique aspect of this lodge is that because of location they can have night game drives with spotlights. This is rare in the Chobe area. The combination of location, web access and night drives as well as individual comments I have heard have me recommend this slightly higher cost local. The strong reviews on TripAdvisor back our support of this lodge.